The prime minister of Pakistan has ordered that coordination between different institutions at airports should be improved so that issues related to the passenger are resolved quickly. He was charing a high-level meeting to improve facilities at airports. The meeting was attended by Interior minister Brigadier retired Ijaz Shah, secretary interior Major retired Azam Suleman Khan, secretary narcotics Control Amjad Javed Saleemi, Secretary Aviation Squadron Leader retired Shahrukh Nusrat, Director General Anti Narcotics Force Major General Mohammad Arif, Director General Airport Security Force Major General Zafarulhaq and Director General Federal Investigation Agency Bashir Memon.
- Airlines serving Pakistan directed to stop the use of single-use plastic
- PIA has not filed its last 6 quarterly financial reports, so where this operational profit or any profit is coming from?
- Prime Minister Imran Khan’s jet makes an emergency landing in NYC after electronics glitch
- Airlines should take necessary steps to rationalise their airfares
- Downsizing or rightsizing? What is going on at CAA?
The meeting discussed ways to improve the security of airports and the prime minister was briefed security, immigration and issues faced by passengers and ways to resolve those issues. The prime minister urged that it is imperative to improve tourism and facilitate Pakistanis living in foreign countries. Prime minister also instructed to adopt zero tolerance policy towards corruption at the airports and to clamp down against elements that create issues for passengers.