Pakistan International Airlines Boeing 777-200ER (AP-BGJ) performing flight PK-710 from Manchester to Lahore suffered bird strike during landing at Lahore Airport. The incident happened at around 6.54 as the plane landed safely in Lahore around that time. Upon landing PIA engineers grounded the aircraft as one of its engines is being examined for bird ingestion.
- Air Sial board of directors approves the lease agreement with Aercap for 3 Airbus A320s
- Air Sial moves one step closer to launching its flight operations
- Airblue adds flights to its domestic flight schedule
- PIA opens maintenance base at Islamabad International airport
- CAA withdraw order about the mandatory plastic wrapping of check-in luggage
A team of PIA engineers with necessary parts and equipment arrived at Lahore airport from Karachi where PIA has its engineering base. The aircraft was repaired and sent on its next flight with a delay of 5 hours. This aircraft grounding had a knock on effect on PIA flight PK757 from Lahore to London PK-757 which was scheduled to depart from Lahore at 11:35 AM. The flight eventually 16.42.
This happened at a time when PIA is busy in its pre-hajj operation and it is very difficult for the airline to spare a jet. On the other hand, one of PIA’s Boeing 777 is stuck in Beijing due to technical issues and there are passengers severely affected by the whole incident. You can watch the passengers protesting about their ordeal in the video below.