Gulf giant emirates has removed the Q Surcharge it added to the flights from Lahore and Islamabad. It recently increased ticket prices from Pakitan by adding a Q Surcharge on all emirates fares from Islamabad, and Lahore. This surcharge is $42 and applicable to all cabins. On top of that passengers have to pay for COVID19 tests that are around RS7000 & more in different places. Through these two steps, the average ticket price from Lahore and Islamabad is increased by Rs 12 to 15 thousand rupees.
What is a Q surcharge
The cost of an airline ticket was simple. Where airlines charged passengers fares based on flight and route factors, and they would list any taxes attached. With increasingly operating costs, airlines added on a number of surcharges. Airline ticket surcharges, such as a Q surcharge, are typically used by airlines to pass added costs along to customers.
So a Q surcharge is generally used by airlines to charge customers for what they say are miscellaneous additional operating costs. Airlines also use ticket surcharges because they’re easy to add to or remove from fares. Airlines add ticket surcharges simply to enhance revenues.
- British giant Menzies Aviation acquires 51% of Royal Airport Services, Pakistan
- PIA to replace up to 8 of its narrow-body Airbus A320s
- Secretary Aviation Hasan Nasir Jamy posted out to Privatisation Division
- Air Sial received first of 3 Airbus A320s
- Ex Air Force bureaucrat Khaqan Murtaza appointed as DG Civil Aviation