Gulf giant emirates has removed the Q Surcharge it added to the flights from Lahore and Islamabad. It recently increased ticket prices from Pakitan by adding a Q Surcharge on all emirates fares from Islamabad, and Lahore. This surcharge is $42 and applicable to all cabins. On top of that passengers have to pay for COVID19 tests that are around RS7000 & more in different places. Through these two steps, the average ticket price from Lahore and Islamabad is increased by Rs 12 to 15 thousand rupees.
What is a Q surcharge
The cost of an airline ticket was simple. Where airlines charged passengers fares based on flight and route factors, and they would list any taxes attached. With increasingly operating costs, airlines added on a number of surcharges. Airline ticket surcharges, such as a Q surcharge, are typically used by airlines to pass added costs along to customers.
So a Q surcharge is generally used by airlines to charge customers for what they say are miscellaneous additional operating costs. Airlines also use ticket surcharges because they’re easy to add to or remove from fares. Airlines add ticket surcharges simply to enhance revenues.
- Serene Air to formally start international flight operations with flights to Sharjah
- PIA to start Lahore to Baku flights from 14th March
- Air Sial Airbus A320 grounded after bird strike at Islamabad International Airport
- Key challenges faced by PIA today
- Malaysian authorities stop PIA plane at Kuala Lumpur airport because of the leasing payment dispute