Pakistan International Airlines management has decided to initiate action against illegal occupants of PIA Township. Occupants, that are residing without proper authorization? The management will vacate the flats so that the deserving employees of lower cadre may be allocated flats on merit.
These occupants are causing huge expense to the airline, as it has to bear financial expenses on maintenance and payment of Electricity, Gas and water bills. PIA Township also known as PIA Colony is Pakistan International Airlines flat complex which is a major residential gated community located in Karachi. The township is built for the employees of PIA. The township has at least 1100 flats. The township is next to the Jinnah International Airport.
- Indigo flight from Jeddah diverted to Karachi after a medical emergency, a passenger was found dead upon checkup
- Caretaker Government of Pakistan plans to “gradually shut down” Pakistan International Airlines
- Zara Airways: The story of an airline on paper that dreams of starting flights from Canada to Pakistan
- Ethiopian Airlines resumes flights to Karachi after 19 years
- Kam Air advertising flights between Mazar e Sharif and Islamabad
These flats were constructed for low cadre employees and airline management says it will follow strict compliance and Zero tolerance against unauthorized occupants so that the deserving employees may be allotted the flats on merit.