Pakistan International Airlines management has decided to initiate action against illegal occupants of PIA Township. Occupants, that are residing without proper authorization? The management will vacate the flats so that the deserving employees of lower cadre may be allocated flats on merit.
These occupants are causing huge expense to the airline, as it has to bear financial expenses on maintenance and payment of Electricity, Gas and water bills. PIA Township also known as PIA Colony is Pakistan International Airlines flat complex which is a major residential gated community located in Karachi. The township is built for the employees of PIA. The township has at least 1100 flats. The township is next to the Jinnah International Airport.
- Air Sial Airbus A320 grounded after bird strike at Islamabad International Airport
- Key challenges faced by PIA today
- Malaysian authorities stop PIA plane at Kuala Lumpur airport because of the leasing payment dispute
- International travellers will need to present a negative Covid-19 test to enter the UK from 15 January
- Saudi airports will be open for all international flights from 31st March 2021
These flats were constructed for low cadre employees and airline management says it will follow strict compliance and Zero tolerance against unauthorized occupants so that the deserving employees may be allotted the flats on merit.