The plane carrying Prime Minister Imran Khan and his delegation malfunctioned hours into the return trip from the US and was forced to land back in New York. Special Assistant to Prime Minister Imran Khan Naeem ul Haque tweeted that “due to technical fault in the plane, Prime Minister Imran Khan will be spending the night back at the hotel in New York.”
- Extensive backchannel work underway to get EASA TCO authorisation
- Emirates sacked 800 pilots in one day including 3 Pakistani pilots
- Federal Aviation Administration revokes PIA authorisation of PIA for USA flights
- Civil Aviation Authority suspended commercial flying licenses of 34 PIA pilots
- IFALPA president calls Ghulam Sarwar Khan’s statement unfounded and on the “brink of being reckless”
According to details, the crew discovered a technical problem on board four hours after it left New York for Pakistan on Friday night. The details of the malfunction are unclear at present, but apparently, it was serious since the aircraft was forced to turn around near Toronto, Canada. It then landed at New York’s John F. Kennedy International airport.
As the fault could not be immediately fixed, PM Imran Khan will be spending an extra night in New York. It is not clear yet if the plane belongs to Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who lent it to Khan after the Pakistani PM arrived in Riyadh on a commercial flight for a pre-UNGA visit.