The plane carrying Prime Minister Imran Khan and his delegation malfunctioned hours into the return trip from the US and was forced to land back in New York. Special Assistant to Prime Minister Imran Khan Naeem ul Haque tweeted that “due to technical fault in the plane, Prime Minister Imran Khan will be spending the night back at the hotel in New York.”
- PK8303 crash survivor Zafar Masud travels with PIA for the first time after the crash
- ICAO can not issue a notice or directives to PCAA nor it has the power to suspend CAA’s authority to issue licenses
- PIA’s Ex-CFO Nayar Hayat unceremoniously resigns
- British Airways announces direct non-stop flights to Lahore from London Heathrow
- PIA operates “hybrid” flight using Hifly Airbus A330 from Manchester to Islamabad
According to details, the crew discovered a technical problem on board four hours after it left New York for Pakistan on Friday night. The details of the malfunction are unclear at present, but apparently, it was serious since the aircraft was forced to turn around near Toronto, Canada. It then landed at New York’s John F. Kennedy International airport.
As the fault could not be immediately fixed, PM Imran Khan will be spending an extra night in New York. It is not clear yet if the plane belongs to Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who lent it to Khan after the Pakistani PM arrived in Riyadh on a commercial flight for a pre-UNGA visit.