The UAE Government on Monday that Emiratis and residents will be allowed to travel abroad from June 23. This information was shared by the government on its official website and twitter handle. According to the tweet, people will be able to fly to specified destinations and under certain conditions and procedures which are yet to be announced. Details will be announced “later”.
- PIA will cut its pilots’ salaries by 25% and also reduce hours for the captains
- The misleading news reported regarding a preliminary investigation report on PK661 crash is not correct
- How did PIA help Emirates launch the service?
- Pakistani airline Rayyan Air to charter a PIA Boeing 777
- PIA resumes charter flights between the UK and Pakistan
The UAE government suspended all Commercial passenger flights in and out of the UAE on March 24. During the past two months, UAE airlines have mainly operated cargo and special repatriation flights. Very recently Emirates started flying to 9 cities in 8 countries. The government also imposed strict requirements on people planning to come to the country. All travellers, including Emiratis and UAE residents, need permission to return to the UAE from the Federal Authority For Identity and Citizenship before they can book a flight home. There is a 14-day quarantine period in place for all travellers.