Mr. Zafar Masud, one of the two survivors of the tragic and unfortunate flight PK8303 traveled with Pakistan International Airlines today. That is why today’s PIA flight from Karachi to Lahore departing at 1500hrs was different than its usual daily flights. Zafar Masud not only traveled on this flight but also showed his immense trust and confidence in the National Flag Carrier.
- Caretaker Government of Pakistan plans to “gradually shut down” Pakistan International Airlines
- Zara Airways: The story of an airline on paper that dreams of starting flights from Canada to Pakistan
- Ethiopian Airlines resumes flights to Karachi after 19 years
- Kam Air advertising flights between Mazar e Sharif and Islamabad
- Qatar Airways Airbus A350 suffered a tail strike on the runway of Islamabad International Airport
Mr. Zafar Masud, a well-known and seasoned banker, currently serving as President & CEO of Bank Of Punjab preferred PIA again for his first air travel after the unfortunate incident. He traveled on PIA flight PK 304 from Karachi to Lahore. At Jinnah International Airport, Mr.Zafar Masud was welcomed by PIA Chief Financial Officer, Mr. Khalilullah Sheikh, and Chief Technical Officer & Head of Engineering Mr. Amir Ali.
According to PIA, its CEO Air Marshal (retired) Arshad Malik traveled specially from Islamabad to receive the distinguished guest on the flight at Lahore. He welcomed him from the doorstep and pulled his wheelchair out.
Zafar Masud said he had a pleasant feeling while traveling PIA and it was one of the smoothest landings he has ever experienced. He commended the Captain and the PIA team for extending love and hospitality. He said that he is part of PIA’s reforms process and restructuring drive and would go all out to support the national airline.
CEO PIA Air Marshal Arshad Malik thanked Mr. Zafar Masud and expressed that PIA feels indebted by his support, patronage, and confidence in PIA. He said PIA will strive hard to meet his expectations and will overcome all the challenges to take it to the heights it deserves.