The government of Pakistan has taken serious notice of violation of SOPs on an International flight by Qatar Airlines which resulted in putting the health and safety of the passengers as well as personnel working at the Airport at risk. PCAA has imposed a fine of rupees 100,000 on Qatar Airlines.
- Malaysian authorities stop PIA plane at Kuala Lumpur airport because of the leasing payment dispute
- International travellers will need to present a negative Covid-19 test to enter the UK from 15 January
- Saudi airports will be open for all international flights from 31st March 2021
- High Court of Justice in the British Virgin Islands sets new date for Pakistan and PIA case
- PIA flight schedule massively disrupted due to protests in Karachi
The amount of the fine is less than the price of an economy class ticket on many of the routes Qatar Airways operate out of Pakistan. The Airline shall also be responsible for all expenses incurred on the testing of COVID-19 and Quarantine, etc.