The government of Pakistan has taken serious notice of violation of SOPs on an International flight by Qatar Airlines which resulted in putting the health and safety of the passengers as well as personnel working at the Airport at risk. PCAA has imposed a fine of rupees 100,000 on Qatar Airlines.
- British Airways resuming its Islamabad-London flights from 2nd August
- Allama Iqbal International Airport Lahore’s main runway is opened for flight operations after 2 years
- Another Indian plane this time IndiGo ends up landing in Karachi
- PIA receives its 2nd Airbus A320 on dry lease
- Airblue starts Islamabad to Skardu flights and we got a seat on its inaugural flight
The amount of the fine is less than the price of an economy class ticket on many of the routes Qatar Airways operate out of Pakistan. The Airline shall also be responsible for all expenses incurred on the testing of COVID-19 and Quarantine, etc.