Pakistan International Airline has announced a significant reduction in airfares for both economy and business class on Beijing-Islamabad flights. PIA operates two direct flights a week on the Beijing-Islamabad-Beijing route on Monday and Friday using a Boeing 777.
PIA Country Manager to China Nasir Jamal Malik told Associated Press of Pakistan that the airline in a statement said that “passengers can now buy return economy class tickets for Rs 74209 (3,620 Chinese Yuan), and business class tickets for Rs 164798.36 (8,039 Chinese Yuan).
- Caretaker Government of Pakistan plans to “gradually shut down” Pakistan International Airlines
- Zara Airways: The story of an airline on paper that dreams of starting flights from Canada to Pakistan
- Ethiopian Airlines resumes flights to Karachi after 19 years
- Kam Air advertising flights between Mazar e Sharif and Islamabad
- Qatar Airways Airbus A350 suffered a tail strike on the runway of Islamabad International Airport
The airline is also offering special packages to passengers who will be travelling in groups to join members of the workforce on China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) projects in Pakistan.
Malik announced that the airline will also be serving “delicious Chinese meals onboard the aircraft”. He also added that PIA’s fare was lower as compared to other regional airlines operating from China to Pakistan, including Air China.
Chinese airlines Air China operates flights from Beijing to Islamabad that flies onward to Karachi. While China Southern operates flights between Guangzhou-Lahore, Urumqi-Lahore and Urumqi-Islamabad.
PIA also provides a discount to Pakistani students in China, but most of the students go to Urumqi where PIA does not fly. According to Nasir Jamal Malik, there are over 22,000 people that are benefiting from the offer. PIA also allows passengers to carry 40 kilograms of baggage on direct flights.