Secretary Aviation and Director General Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Shahrukh Nusrat has said that “this is the first time in the aviation history of aviation industry of Pakistan that a consultative platform has been provided to resolve the issues being faced by aviation sector”. He was speaking after the first meeting of the Aviation Oversight Committee, which was constituted under the directives of Federal Cabinet.
- Caretaker Government of Pakistan plans to “gradually shut down” Pakistan International Airlines
- Zara Airways: The story of an airline on paper that dreams of starting flights from Canada to Pakistan
- Ethiopian Airlines resumes flights to Karachi after 19 years
- Kam Air advertising flights between Mazar e Sharif and Islamabad
- Qatar Airways Airbus A350 suffered a tail strike on the runway of Islamabad International Airport
The committee meeting was attended by nearly fifty leading heads of aviation sector besides top officials of PIA, Air Blue and Serene Air. The meeting of the Aviation Oversight Committee mainly focused on the progress on implementation of NAP 2019 and also discussed challenges being faced by the aviation sector and their possible solutions. This Aviation Oversight Committee will meet after every three months in which mutual consultations will be made to resolve issues pertaining to the aviation sector.
Secretary Aviation said that the regulatory function of CAA is being separated from its service provider function. He further said that measures will also be taken to establish an independent Aircraft Accident Investigation Board.
He further said that directives are being issued to rationalize all CAA charges while Air Service Agreements are being reviewed to change its those clauses which are not beneficial to domestic airlines. He informed the reporters that recommendations are also being made to revise the government taxes on the aviation sector.
Top officials of CAA, PIA, Air Blue and Serene Air were also present on this occasion besides representatives of various organizations of the aviation sector.