Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority of Pakistan has made plastic wrapping of passengers luggage mandatory. The objective is said to be “safety and security of the valuables of air passengers”. And CAA says it is in accordance with the vision of Prime Minister Imran Khan.
At the same time CAA has mentioned that several airports have only one plastic wrapping machine which is causes inconvenience to the passengers. So in order to facilitate the passengers, CAA has issued a tender notice to install multiple plastic wrapping machines at main airports.
- Indigo flight from Jeddah diverted to Karachi after a medical emergency, a passenger was found dead upon checkup
- Caretaker Government of Pakistan plans to “gradually shut down” Pakistan International Airlines
- Zara Airways: The story of an airline on paper that dreams of starting flights from Canada to Pakistan
- Ethiopian Airlines resumes flights to Karachi after 19 years
- Kam Air advertising flights between Mazar e Sharif and Islamabad
Following the installation of the new machines, CAA is saying rates for wrapping luggage will be revised and reduced to less than half of the existing rates for bags of all sizes. With an increased number of machines, passengers will be able to avail the wrapping facility in reduced rates and without any hassle or unnecessary waiting.
This will not only secure the luggage but will also enhance the compliance level of the international security standards. But the question is when the world is trying to cut the plastic use and instead of enhancing the security CAA is creating more plastic use and adding more bad stuff to the environment rather than saving it.