Air Sial owned board of directors has approved the lease agreement with Irish leasing giant Aercap for the acquisition of 3 Airbus A320 aircraft. On 6 August 2019 Air Sial Executive Board Chairman Fazal Jillani signed an agreement with Aercap representatives. Fazal Jillani is CEO of Surgicon private limited and he is also a director at the Sialkot International Airport board.
- Giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary, Aviation Division was “illegal” and “the statement made by the Minister for Aviation on the floor of the National Assembly was not correct”
- The government of Pakistan giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary Aviation again is violation of law
- 12 months, 3 advertisements, 600 candidates and still Aviation Division has failed to appoint a DG CAA.
- PIA ATR crashed due to 3 “latent technical factors”
- Indian Airline GoAir’s flight makes emergency landing at Karachi International Airport
Air Sial is planning to start operations from the past 5 years. The airline initially hinted on starting operations in the last quarter of 2016. As in 2016, its chairman Fazal Jillani said that “as many as 35 leading Overseas Pakistani investors have shown a keen interest in investing the grand project of “Air Sial” airline.” The airline was registered by the Security Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) as “Air Sial Limited” company. The company’s board of director appointed Sialkot based exporter Ameen Ehsan as the airline CEO, unanimously.
At the same time in 2016, the Air Sial management doubled the number of its directors from 100 to 200 following the growing demand of this project. Regardless of today’s agreement the final launch date of the airline is still not known as over the previous 3 years, it has given multiple dates but the launch never materialised. The latest date was May or June 2019 and we are in August. From various sources, the launch date is set in 2020 if everything goes to plan.