A Pakistan International Airline aircraft Airbus A320 was stopped by Hamid Karzai International airport’s officials. But the aircraft has since taken off. According to Afghan News channel Tolo News “Afghan authorities preventing PIA (Pakistan Int’l Airlines) aircraft to use longer runway (111) at Kabul airport. The PIA A-320 aircraft–with 162 passengers–is stranded at the airport. Afghan authorities are not allowing passengers to get off. Tense situation.”
- Giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary, Aviation Division was “illegal” and “the statement made by the Minister for Aviation on the floor of the National Assembly was not correct”
- The government of Pakistan giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary Aviation again is violation of law
- 12 months, 3 advertisements, 600 candidates and still Aviation Division has failed to appoint a DG CAA.
- PIA ATR crashed due to 3 “latent technical factors”
- Indian Airline GoAir’s flight makes emergency landing at Karachi International Airport
But according to PIA sources “the airport runway maintenance work is in progress. The airport authorities asked PIA to use shorter runway with weight penalty which meant offloading passengers. The pilot refused to do to as all the passengers were boarded and it would take a long time to offload passengers as well as their luggage. So after back and forth, the permission was obtained and the plane has just taken off.