Pakistan’s third-largest domestic airline has received its fourth aircraft a Boeing 737-8JP. The aircraft arrived from Istanbul’s Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen International Airport after getting repainted into airline’s livery. According to flightradar24, the aircraft arrived at Karachi’s Jinnah International Airport as flight ER4004, earlier in the morning today at 5.38. The airline is gearing up for international operations as well as increasing its domestic frequencies.
- Serene Air 4th aircraft Boeing 737-800, AP-BNB arrives in Karachi
- Air Sial headquarters inaugurated by the Sheikh Abdul Rehman Al-SHaibi son of the keeper of the Kaaba keys in Sialkot
- Turkish low-cost giant Pegasus planning to start flights to Karachi
- Air Marshal Arshad appointment as CEO of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) declared “illegal”
- Serene Air 4th aircraft Boeing 737-800, AP-BNB ready to join the airline
On 27 February the aircraft flew from Oslo’s Gardermoen Airport to Istanbul’s Sabiha Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen International Airport. This new aircraft was an ex Norwegian Air Shuttle aircraft in all-white livery. The aircraft took its first flight on 14/09/2012 and is currently 7 years 4 months old. It has 2 2 x CFMI CFM56-7B26 engines and 189 seats in an all-economy layout.
Serene Air serves on five domestic routes, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Faisalabad and Quetta. It just announced a third weekly flight on Lahore-Quetta route. The airline operates three flights on Islamabad-Karachi route.
Currently, Serene Air has 3 Boeing 737-800s in its fleet. AP-BNA that was acquired directly from Boeing through Silk road Leasing. Silk Road Leasing is owned by Habiba Containers Limited or HBB. It is also known as HBB group or New Silk Road Leasing. It is an independent company offering long- and short-term leasing services of intermodal equipment. HBB is headquartered in Shanghai (China) and has network offices in Dalian (China) and Rotterdam (Netherlands). It is said that HBB group has major shares in Serene.