The government of Pakistan has established SOPs (Standard operating procedures) that are applied to all the passengers arriving in Pakistan by air. These SOPs be applicable on all passengers and flight crew with immediate effect. These SOPs shall modify the existing SOPs to the extent required as under:
- Virgin Atlantic suspends flight operations to Pakistan
- PIA to finally start flights to Istanbul from Lahore and Islamabad
- Air Sial’s 4th Airbus A320 lands at Karachi Airport
- British Airways resuming its Islamabad-London flights from 2nd August
- Allama Iqbal International Airport Lahore’s main runway is opened for flight operations after 2 years
- Upon arrival from International flights, everyone will be screened as per practice. The swab sample shall not, however, be collected at the airport.
- From the airport, all passengers and flight crew shall be quarantined for 24 hours at a location decided by the authorities.
- After 24 hours, a swab sample shall be collected for a test at the designated facility. The passengers and flight crew shall be required to wait at the same location for the required time involved in completion of the laboratory test process.
- Anyone with a positive test result shall be retained at the quarantine or other relevant location.
- Those with Negative test result shall be allowed to leave with strict instructions and guidance for home quarantine
- Data of all passengers and flight crew with their mobile numbers will be kept for record and further follow up.
The government has also given the option to people who do not wish to stay at the quarantine facility to go to a hotel. The hotel will also act as a quarantine facility but passengers have to pay for it from their own pocket. Passengers are also told to fill out the mandatory health form upon arrival that will help the officials understand their condition better.