Minister for Aviation Mr Ghulam Sarwar Khan has said that Airport Manager and Chief Operating Officer being the functional head of Airport while performing his duties has tested positive for COVID-19. Imran Khan the airport manager has been quarantined along with 10 other officials of CAA, ASF and health department working at Jinnah International Airport.
- Giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary, Aviation Division was “illegal” and “the statement made by the Minister for Aviation on the floor of the National Assembly was not correct”
- The government of Pakistan giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary Aviation again is violation of law
- 12 months, 3 advertisements, 600 candidates and still Aviation Division has failed to appoint a DG CAA.
- PIA ATR crashed due to 3 “latent technical factors”
- Indian Airline GoAir’s flight makes emergency landing at Karachi International Airport
The minister told that APM and other officials are in isolation and Alhamdulillah recovering. The responsibilities of APM are being taken care of by Mr Zafar Aitmad. Currently, International flights operation are running at six airports. But a majority of flights are handled at Islamabad International Airport and Lahore’s Allama Iqbal International Airport.
PIA country manager in Dubai also contracted Corona and due to that, the ticketing office was closed at the consulate.