Minister for Aviation Mr Ghulam Sarwar Khan has said that Airport Manager and Chief Operating Officer being the functional head of Airport while performing his duties has tested positive for COVID-19. Imran Khan the airport manager has been quarantined along with 10 other officials of CAA, ASF and health department working at Jinnah International Airport.
- Serene Air to formally start international flight operations with flights to Sharjah
- PIA to start Lahore to Baku flights from 14th March
- Air Sial Airbus A320 grounded after bird strike at Islamabad International Airport
- Key challenges faced by PIA today
- Malaysian authorities stop PIA plane at Kuala Lumpur airport because of the leasing payment dispute
The minister told that APM and other officials are in isolation and Alhamdulillah recovering. The responsibilities of APM are being taken care of by Mr Zafar Aitmad. Currently, International flights operation are running at six airports. But a majority of flights are handled at Islamabad International Airport and Lahore’s Allama Iqbal International Airport.
PIA country manager in Dubai also contracted Corona and due to that, the ticketing office was closed at the consulate.