Minister for Aviation Mr Ghulam Sarwar Khan has said that Airport Manager and Chief Operating Officer being the functional head of Airport while performing his duties has tested positive for COVID-19. Imran Khan the airport manager has been quarantined along with 10 other officials of CAA, ASF and health department working at Jinnah International Airport.
- Indigo flight from Jeddah diverted to Karachi after a medical emergency, a passenger was found dead upon checkup
- Caretaker Government of Pakistan plans to “gradually shut down” Pakistan International Airlines
- Zara Airways: The story of an airline on paper that dreams of starting flights from Canada to Pakistan
- Ethiopian Airlines resumes flights to Karachi after 19 years
- Kam Air advertising flights between Mazar e Sharif and Islamabad
The minister told that APM and other officials are in isolation and Alhamdulillah recovering. The responsibilities of APM are being taken care of by Mr Zafar Aitmad. Currently, International flights operation are running at six airports. But a majority of flights are handled at Islamabad International Airport and Lahore’s Allama Iqbal International Airport.
PIA country manager in Dubai also contracted Corona and due to that, the ticketing office was closed at the consulate.