The government of Pakistan has announced updated flights to different parts of the world to bring back Pakistanis stranded. For the first time flights will be bringing passengers from Canada, the United States of America, Manchester in the UK, and Wuhan in China. According to the latest update, Pakistan International Airlines will operate special flights to Sydney, Washington, New York, Iraq, Dhaka, Khatmandu. PIA and some other airlines have already operated flights.
- Giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary, Aviation Division was “illegal” and “the statement made by the Minister for Aviation on the floor of the National Assembly was not correct”
- The government of Pakistan giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary Aviation again is violation of law
- 12 months, 3 advertisements, 600 candidates and still Aviation Division has failed to appoint a DG CAA.
- PIA ATR crashed due to 3 “latent technical factors”
- Indian Airline GoAir’s flight makes emergency landing at Karachi International Airport
Previously PIA operated flights to Canada and UK but it was not bringing back Pakistanis. Now there is a flight added from Canada, three flights from UK, and 3 from United States. PIA will operate a flight from Toronto to Lahore on 15 May. PIA will operate two flights from London Heathrow. One to Lahore on 10th May and second to Islamabad on 14 May. A flight from Manchester to Lahore will be operated on 19 May.
According to the plan following flights will be operated.
Flights on 10 May
Flights on 11 May
Flights on 12 May
- Doha, Qatar to Islamabad by Qatar Airways
- Khatmandu, Nepal – Dhaka, Bangladesh to Lahore by PIA
- Sydney, Australia to Karachi by PIA
- Washington USA to Lahore
Flights on 13 May
- Male, the Maldives to Karachi, and then Lahore via Colombo by Srilankan Airlines.
Flights on 14 May
Flights on 15 May
- Muscat, Oman to Karachi by PIA
- Toronto, Canada to Lahore by PIA
Flights on 16 May
- Baghdad/Najaf (Not decided yet), by maybe Iraqi Airways
Flights on 18 May
Flights on 19 May
- Muscat, Oman to Karachi by PIA
- Manchester, the United Kingdom to Lahore (First passenger flight)
Flights on 21 May
- Doha, Qatar to Karachi by Qatar Airways that is open to all passengers from anywhere in the world who can book with Qatar Airways.
There are no flights planned for 6th May. At the same time, the government of Pakistan has indicated prices for the sectors PIA is operating flights. So according to this fare for UAE to Lahore, Islamabad and Peshawar are 1110 AED. UAE to Karachi fares are 81 AED and to Multan 957 AED. Turkey to Pakistan fares is 63000 rupees and Pakistan to Toronto fares are 2,67,000 rupees. Pakistan to UK fares is 1,17,000 rupees while the UK to Pakistan fares is 1,29,000 rupees.
Pakistan International Airlines has already operated special flights to Khartoum, Nairobi, Jeddah, Oman, Amsterdam, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Trabzon, Istanbul, Almaty, Frankfurt, Baghdad, Paris, Oslo, Copenhagen, Tokyo, Dushanbe, Bangkok, Hong Kong, and UAE.
The spokesperson of PIA has urged all passengers to immediately contact Pakistani embassies or high commissions and register with them. So when there is a flight planned the embassy and high commission can call and sort out the ticketing.