The government of Pakistan is planning to bring back over 10000 Pakistanis who are stranded abroad. Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on National Security Moeed Yusuf said this in a press conference. He said that “till now 20,000 Pakistanis have been brought back home. Next week we will try to bring back around 10,000 Pakistanis from 22 countries, mostly from the Gulf States,”.
- Ethiopian Airlines resumes flights to Karachi after 19 years
- Kam Air advertising flights between Mazar e Sharif and Islamabad
- Qatar Airways Airbus A350 suffered a tail strike on the runway of Islamabad International Airport
- Wizz Air Abu Dhabi has not granted permission to start flights to Pakistan
- Virgin Atlantic suspends flight operations to Pakistan
He added that the government’s focus this week would be on the United States after PIA was allowed to operate flights. He said the government has requested to Middle Eastern countries to have the passengers tested before boarding. But the passengers will also be tested upon arrival in Pakistan.
According to the new policy introduced by the government, Yousaf said that every Pakistani who returns to the country from abroad will immediately undergo a test at the quarantine center or at the hotel after landing. So no wait for 48 hours as it is currently done.