The government of Pakistan is planning to bring back over 10000 Pakistanis who are stranded abroad. Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on National Security Moeed Yusuf said this in a press conference. He said that “till now 20,000 Pakistanis have been brought back home. Next week we will try to bring back around 10,000 Pakistanis from 22 countries, mostly from the Gulf States,”.
- Ex Air Force bureaucrat Khaqan Murtaza appointed as DG Civil Aviation
- Giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary, Aviation Division was “illegal” and “the statement made by the Minister for Aviation on the floor of the National Assembly was not correct”
- The government of Pakistan giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary Aviation again is violation of law
- 12 months, 3 advertisements, 600 candidates and still Aviation Division has failed to appoint a DG CAA.
- PIA ATR crashed due to 3 “latent technical factors”
He added that the government’s focus this week would be on the United States after PIA was allowed to operate flights. He said the government has requested to Middle Eastern countries to have the passengers tested before boarding. But the passengers will also be tested upon arrival in Pakistan.
According to the new policy introduced by the government, Yousaf said that every Pakistani who returns to the country from abroad will immediately undergo a test at the quarantine center or at the hotel after landing. So no wait for 48 hours as it is currently done.