A 60-year-old man is said to the latest COVID19 case in New Zealand where the country declared victory against the virus on 8 June. Local news channel 1 News reporter Kristin Hall tweeted “1 new case of COVID in NZ. He’s a man in his 60s staying at Jet Park hotel which is a quarantine facility. His flight came from Lahore, Pakistan. He stayed at an isolation hotel before being moved to quarantine.” She tweeted again to clarify that the man “flew from Pakistan to Australia and then on to New Zealand”.
- Giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary, Aviation Division was “illegal” and “the statement made by the Minister for Aviation on the floor of the National Assembly was not correct”
- The government of Pakistan giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary Aviation again is violation of law
- 12 months, 3 advertisements, 600 candidates and still Aviation Division has failed to appoint a DG CAA.
- PIA ATR crashed due to 3 “latent technical factors”
- Indian Airline GoAir’s flight makes emergency landing at Karachi International Airport
Pakistanis were not amused by the update and some of them took to twitter to apologise for this.
Earlier on 4 June Greece put all passengers on a flight from Qatar in quarantine and suspended airline’s flights after a dozen passengers tested positive for coronavirus. The flight was carrying 91 passengers from Doha to Athens that landed on Monday 1 June. Among those who tested positive on Monday’s flight were nine Pakistani nationals who are residents in Greece.