The Government of Pakistan has allowed all International Flight Operations to and from most International Airports of Pakistan. This permission will come into effect from June 20, 2020, 0001 PST. Gwadar and Turbat airports, with not be open as of now. The permission for International Flight Operations shall be subject to applicable restrictions and limitations as decided by the Competent Authority from time to time in light of the current COVID-19 Scenario and implementation of Health Protocols.
- British giant Menzies Aviation acquires 51% of Royal Airport Services, Pakistan
- PIA to replace up to 8 of its narrow-body Airbus A320s
- Secretary Aviation Hasan Nasir Jamy posted out to Privatisation Division
- Air Sial received first of 3 Airbus A320s
- Ex Air Force bureaucrat Khaqan Murtaza appointed as DG Civil Aviation
Additionally, Cargo, Special and Diplomatic Flights shall continue to be authorized as per procedure in vogue.
The permission includes the following conditions.
- Both national and foreign airlines shall be allowed to operate from all international airports of Pakistan with the exception of Gwadar and Turbat.