Pakistan International Airlines management has decided to initiate action against illegal occupants of PIA Township. Occupants, that are residing without proper authorization? The management will vacate the flats so that the deserving employees of lower cadre may be allocated flats on merit.
These occupants are causing huge expense to the airline, as it has to bear financial expenses on maintenance and payment of Electricity, Gas and water bills. PIA Township also known as PIA Colony is Pakistan International Airlines flat complex which is a major residential gated community located in Karachi. The township is built for the employees of PIA. The township has at least 1100 flats. The township is next to the Jinnah International Airport.
- CAA makes plastic wrapping of luggage mandatory
- PIA to finally rent out its properties in Amsterdam
- PIA is looking to upgrade IFE on 8 of its Boeing 777 aircraft
- PIA to evict illegal occupants from PIA Township Karachi
- Pakistan will open its airspace for 72 hours for Indian PM Modi, but Modi has changed his mind
These flats were constructed for low cadre employees and airline management says it will follow strict compliance and Zero tolerance against unauthorized occupants so that the deserving employees may be allotted the flats on merit.