Pakistan International Airline has been taken over by the officials of Pakistan Air Force who will serve in uniform for at least next 3 to 4 years. The government of Pakistan recently approved the new management structure after flip flopping on the role of Air Marshal Arshad Khan. Recently prime minister Imran Khan chaired a high level meeting and quite surprisingly it was attended by the Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Bajwa, Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan as well as key ministers.
According to the new structure, the government approved the movement of key air force officials to PIA. The meeting also decided the deputation of PAF officers to PIA for 03 years be cleared. These officers will perform duties in uniform during this period. It was also decided that a summary will be processed for positioning of 08 additional Armed Forces’ officers (04 from PAF and 04 from Pak Army) at PIA.
- Indigo flight from Jeddah diverted to Karachi after a medical emergency, a passenger was found dead upon checkup
- Caretaker Government of Pakistan plans to “gradually shut down” Pakistan International Airlines
- Zara Airways: The story of an airline on paper that dreams of starting flights from Canada to Pakistan
- Ethiopian Airlines resumes flights to Karachi after 19 years
- Kam Air advertising flights between Mazar e Sharif and Islamabad
So according to the new structure Air Marshal Arshad Malik who was appointed as CEO and President and then notified that he is just acting CEO. His position will be advertised and after seeing the advertisement it is clear it is tailor made for him. So let assume he is going to stay as CEO for the next 3 years. Then Air Vice-marshal Shoban Nazir Syed who joined as an advisor and was also serving as Chief Human Resource without proper process will now work as Director precision engineering complex for 3 years till 11/02/2021. Air Vice Marshal Noor Abbas will serve as Advisor to CEO for 2 years till 14/01/2020. There is no information what he will be advising on.
- Air Commodore Khalid Ur Rehman will serve in Information Technology for 3 years till 14/01/2022.
- Air Commodore Jibran Saleem Butt will serve in procurement and logistics.for 3 years till 14/01/2022
- Air Commodore Jawad Zafar Chaudhary will serve in Budgeting for 3 years till
- Air Commodore Shahid Qadir will serve in Food Services for 3 years till 14/01/2022.
- Wing Commander Hafiz Tahir Mehmood will serve as Manager Projects PEC for 3 years till 29/01/2020. His appointment is effected from 20 January 2017.
- Wing Commander Muhammad Asim Khan will serve in Finance for 3 years till 14/01/2022.
- Wing Commander Kamran Anjum will serve in Human Resources for 3 years till 14/01/2022.
LeutenantTahir Farooq will serve as ADC. No mention about whose ADC for 3 years till 14/01/2022.
Apart from this CEO of PIA is asked to hire a competent Chief Commercial Officer in addition to Chief Financial Officer and Chief Human Resources Officer on