Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) brought stranded Pakistanis from Indonesia and Dubai. PIA’s special flight PK8889 brought 221 stranded Pakistanis from Jakarta. The flights arrived at 21.20 Pakistan. Aircraft used for flight was PIA’s Boeing 777-200LR AP-BGY. PIA also operated first special flight from Dubai.
- Caretaker Government of Pakistan plans to “gradually shut down” Pakistan International Airlines
- Zara Airways: The story of an airline on paper that dreams of starting flights from Canada to Pakistan
- Ethiopian Airlines resumes flights to Karachi after 19 years
- Kam Air advertising flights between Mazar e Sharif and Islamabad
- Qatar Airways Airbus A350 suffered a tail strike on the runway of Islamabad International Airport
PIA is planning to operate more flights between Dubai and Pakistan subject to approval. 2,000 Pakistanis will be brought back to the country in the first phase of the flight operations. There are over 40 thousand requests available with the Pakistani embassy in Dubai. PIA is planning to operate arrange 11 flights to bring back Pakistani citizens stranded in Dubai. The next flight is scheduled for 20 April 2020.
Flights will bring back Pakistanis from Dubai on April 19 and 20. Two flights will be operated to Islamabad, two for Karachi and Lahore. PIA will also operate flights to Multan and Faisalabad.
PIA is also planning to operate a special flight to Melbourne in Australia, Seul in South Korea and Frankfurt in Germany. These flights are subject to relevant approvals and clearance from authorities.