Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) brought stranded Pakistanis from Indonesia and Dubai. PIA’s special flight PK8889 brought 221 stranded Pakistanis from Jakarta. The flights arrived at 21.20 Pakistan. Aircraft used for flight was PIA’s Boeing 777-200LR AP-BGY. PIA also operated first special flight from Dubai.
- Virgin Atlantic suspends flight operations to Pakistan
- PIA to finally start flights to Istanbul from Lahore and Islamabad
- Air Sial’s 4th Airbus A320 lands at Karachi Airport
- British Airways resuming its Islamabad-London flights from 2nd August
- Allama Iqbal International Airport Lahore’s main runway is opened for flight operations after 2 years
PIA is planning to operate more flights between Dubai and Pakistan subject to approval. 2,000 Pakistanis will be brought back to the country in the first phase of the flight operations. There are over 40 thousand requests available with the Pakistani embassy in Dubai. PIA is planning to operate arrange 11 flights to bring back Pakistani citizens stranded in Dubai. The next flight is scheduled for 20 April 2020.
Flights will bring back Pakistanis from Dubai on April 19 and 20. Two flights will be operated to Islamabad, two for Karachi and Lahore. PIA will also operate flights to Multan and Faisalabad.
PIA is also planning to operate a special flight to Melbourne in Australia, Seul in South Korea and Frankfurt in Germany. These flights are subject to relevant approvals and clearance from authorities.