Dubai’s Emirates airlines have extended its refund policy. Since the airline has shut down its commercial passengers’ flight operations there are thousands of passengers who are looking for information. To address these issues it has extended its refund policy. The policy will apply o apply to all ticket holders who booked flights before Sunday, May 31, for travel before Monday, August 31.
- Indigo flight from Jeddah diverted to Karachi after a medical emergency, a passenger was found dead upon checkup
- Caretaker Government of Pakistan plans to “gradually shut down” Pakistan International Airlines
- Zara Airways: The story of an airline on paper that dreams of starting flights from Canada to Pakistan
- Ethiopian Airlines resumes flights to Karachi after 19 years
- Kam Air advertising flights between Mazar e Sharif and Islamabad
According to this, the passenger who doesn’t want to fly at the moment or have problems in flying due to restriction can simply apply for a refund online, using Emirates’ updated refund request form. The refund can be requested for all the services including lounge access and seat selection. And lets us warn you this process is slow as there are thousands and thousands of people using it.
But if you want to keep your existing ticket you don’t need to do anything. Just inform the airline that you want to rebook your flight. In this case, you have 2 years to use the ticket you have. The change can be done at the same fare if there is availability. Just inform the airline and rebook. You can even change you destination but within the same Emirates region. For example if you have a ticket for Chicago and you want to change it to New York you can do so and there will be no additional fare to pay.
Emirates divides the world into 9 regions. The Gulf and the Middle East and Iran, Africa, Australasia, Europe, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, North America, South America and West Asia.
You are also given an option of requesting a travel voucher for unused tickets. Valid for 12 months from the date of issue, this validity can then be extended for a second year.
If you want to read more about Emirates cancellation policies please find it here.