Pakistan International Airlines has confirmed that the cockpit voice recorder of PK 8303 AP BLD Cockpit Voice Recorder has been found from the debris and handed over to the AAIB team. This will be a key component in the Air Crash Investigation. PIA Teams were searching extensively for CVR aided by Airbus Team. Earlier on Monday, the Civil Aviation Safety Investigation Authority of France has confirmed that the team of experts visiting Pakistan is still in Karachi. The French investigators also confirm the cockpit voice recorder part of the black box of PIA PK8303 had not been found.
- Giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary, Aviation Division was “illegal” and “the statement made by the Minister for Aviation on the floor of the National Assembly was not correct”
- The government of Pakistan giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary Aviation again is violation of law
- 12 months, 3 advertisements, 600 candidates and still Aviation Division has failed to appoint a DG CAA.
- PIA ATR crashed due to 3 “latent technical factors”
- Indian Airline GoAir’s flight makes emergency landing at Karachi International Airport
The 11-member team arrived with experts on Monday on board Airbus A330-800 NEO. The aircraft Airbus A330-800 NEO registration F-WTTO left Karachi for Paris where its destination is Le Bourget Airport. The team includes members from Airbus, Safran Aircraft Engines (ex Snecma), CFM engines, and French BEA.
The flight data recorder has been found and it is still in Pakistan. The team inspected the runway of the Jinnah International Airport. The team also visited the air traffic control tower at Karachi’s Jinnah International Airport and radar control station before reaching the crash site in Model Colony. The black box search is ongoing and once it is recovered it will be sent to Paris Le Bourget.