The government of Pakistan has announced a new flight schedule for a period of ten days starting from 1 June to 10 June 2020. The updated flight schedule will be heavily focusing on flights to the UAE and the Gulf region. New flights are added to bring stranded Pakistanis from Siera Leone, Tunisia, Iraq, China, and Mauritania. There are over 28 flights from UAE, 12 flights from Saudi Arabia, 8 from Qatar, and 2 from Oman. Apart from that, there will be flights to the USA, UK, and Europe.
- Giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary, Aviation Division was “illegal” and “the statement made by the Minister for Aviation on the floor of the National Assembly was not correct”
- The government of Pakistan giving additional charge of DG CAA to Secretary Aviation again is violation of law
- 12 months, 3 advertisements, 600 candidates and still Aviation Division has failed to appoint a DG CAA.
- PIA ATR crashed due to 3 “latent technical factors”
- Indian Airline GoAir’s flight makes emergency landing at Karachi International Airport
PIA is currently operating flights to Europe, America, and Gulf. There is a flight schedule from Wuhan for 5 June, China. PIA will also operate its first direct flight to the USA. There is a special flight coming from Bahrain to Faisalabad on 1 June. A special flight will arrive from Mauritania and Siera Leone on 3 June. On June 5 a special charter flight will arrive from Tunisia and PIA will arrive from Thailand. On 9 June PIA will operate a special flight from Iraq to Peshawar.
According to the plan following flights will be operated.
Flights on 1 June
Flights on 2 June
Flights on 3 June
Flights on 4 June
Flights on 5 June
Flights on 6 June
Flights on 7 June
Flights on 8 June
Flights on 9 June
Flights on 10 June
Fares from different destinations is provided below.
Pakistan International Airlines has already operated special flights to Khartoum, Nairobi, Jeddah, Oman, Amsterdam, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Trabzon, Istanbul, Almaty, Frankfurt, Baghdad, Paris, Oslo, Copenhagen, Tokyo, Dushanbe, Bangkok, Hong Kong, and UAE.
The spokesperson of PIA has urged all passengers to immediately contact Pakistani embassies or high commissions and register with them. So when there is a flight planned the embassy and high commission can call and sort out the ticketing.