The Federal Government of Pakistan has allowed the outbound international flights (scheduled, non scheduled and charter flights) operation with effect from 2359 hours tonight. This means that airlines may fly to Pakistan without passengers (ferry flight). They may carry passengers from Pakistan to international destinations.
- Serene Air to formally start international flight operations with flights to Sharjah
- PIA to start Lahore to Baku flights from 14th March
- Air Sial Airbus A320 grounded after bird strike at Islamabad International Airport
- Key challenges faced by PIA today
- Malaysian authorities stop PIA plane at Kuala Lumpur airport because of the leasing payment dispute
Aviation division in further clarification said that “a section of media is reporting views different from what has been stated in a press release. The press release covers only outbound flights from Pakistan to foreign destinations.”
The permission includes the following conditions.
- Both national and foreign airlines shall be allowed to operate from all international airports of Pakistan with the exception of Gwadar and Turbat.
- SOPs for outbound international flights have already been issued according to which airlines will be required to follow the SOPs of the destination country. Additionally, the disinfection of aircraft will be ensured and no congestion at airports shall be allowed.