Investigators and rescue officials have found Rs 30 million from the wreckage of PK8303 in local and foreign currency from the crash site. How such a huge amount got through airport security and all the systems is a mystery and according to officials, an inquiry is ordered into the matter.
- Virgin Atlantic suspends flight operations to Pakistan
- PIA to finally start flights to Istanbul from Lahore and Islamabad
- Air Sial’s 4th Airbus A320 lands at Karachi Airport
- British Airways resuming its Islamabad-London flights from 2nd August
- Allama Iqbal International Airport Lahore’s main runway is opened for flight operations after 2 years
According to PIA officials, such an amount cannot be transported without informing the airline and that an extra seat ticket needs to be purchased for transporting such huge amounts of cash. “A passenger cannot carry it in their luggage or cabin baggage.”