Investigators and rescue officials have found Rs 30 million from the wreckage of PK8303 in local and foreign currency from the crash site. How such a huge amount got through airport security and all the systems is a mystery and according to officials, an inquiry is ordered into the matter.
- Serene Air to formally start international flight operations with flights to Sharjah
- PIA to start Lahore to Baku flights from 14th March
- Air Sial Airbus A320 grounded after bird strike at Islamabad International Airport
- Key challenges faced by PIA today
- Malaysian authorities stop PIA plane at Kuala Lumpur airport because of the leasing payment dispute
According to PIA officials, such an amount cannot be transported without informing the airline and that an extra seat ticket needs to be purchased for transporting such huge amounts of cash. “A passenger cannot carry it in their luggage or cabin baggage.”