Investigators and rescue officials have found Rs 30 million from the wreckage of PK8303 in local and foreign currency from the crash site. How such a huge amount got through airport security and all the systems is a mystery and according to officials, an inquiry is ordered into the matter.
- European Union Air Safety Agency temporarily suspended PIA’s authorization to operate to the EU member states
- Airblue grounds 2 pilots with immediate effect
- Emirates to operate normal flights with passengers to and from UAE on 1st July with mandatory tests
- Emirates offloaded passengers from its Islamabad and Lahore to Dubai flights after check-in
- Avia Traffic to operate two special charter flights from Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to Islamabad
According to PIA officials, such an amount cannot be transported without informing the airline and that an extra seat ticket needs to be purchased for transporting such huge amounts of cash. “A passenger cannot carry it in their luggage or cabin baggage.”