The prime minister of Pakistan has ordered that coordination between different institutions at airports should be improved so that issues related to the passenger are resolved quickly. He was charing a high-level meeting to improve facilities at airports. The meeting was attended by Interior minister Brigadier retired Ijaz Shah, secretary interior Major retired Azam Suleman Khan, secretary narcotics Control Amjad Javed Saleemi, Secretary Aviation Squadron Leader retired Shahrukh Nusrat, Director General Anti Narcotics Force Major General Mohammad Arif, Director General Airport Security Force Major General Zafarulhaq and Director General Federal Investigation Agency Bashir Memon.
- PIA to finally start flights to Istanbul from Lahore and Islamabad
- Air Sial’s 4th Airbus A320 lands at Karachi Airport
- British Airways resuming its Islamabad-London flights from 2nd August
- Allama Iqbal International Airport Lahore’s main runway is opened for flight operations after 2 years
- Another Indian plane this time IndiGo ends up landing in Karachi
The meeting discussed ways to improve the security of airports and the prime minister was briefed security, immigration and issues faced by passengers and ways to resolve those issues. The prime minister urged that it is imperative to improve tourism and facilitate Pakistanis living in foreign countries. Prime minister also instructed to adopt zero tolerance policy towards corruption at the airports and to clamp down against elements that create issues for passengers.