The prime minister of Pakistan has ordered that coordination between different institutions at airports should be improved so that issues related to the passenger are resolved quickly. He was charing a high-level meeting to improve facilities at airports. The meeting was attended by Interior minister Brigadier retired Ijaz Shah, secretary interior Major retired Azam Suleman Khan, secretary narcotics Control Amjad Javed Saleemi, Secretary Aviation Squadron Leader retired Shahrukh Nusrat, Director General Anti Narcotics Force Major General Mohammad Arif, Director General Airport Security Force Major General Zafarulhaq and Director General Federal Investigation Agency Bashir Memon.
- British giant Menzies Aviation acquires 51% of Royal Airport Services, Pakistan
- PIA to replace up to 8 of its narrow-body Airbus A320s
- Secretary Aviation Hasan Nasir Jamy posted out to Privatisation Division
- Air Sial received first of 3 Airbus A320s
- Ex Air Force bureaucrat Khaqan Murtaza appointed as DG Civil Aviation
The meeting discussed ways to improve the security of airports and the prime minister was briefed security, immigration and issues faced by passengers and ways to resolve those issues. The prime minister urged that it is imperative to improve tourism and facilitate Pakistanis living in foreign countries. Prime minister also instructed to adopt zero tolerance policy towards corruption at the airports and to clamp down against elements that create issues for passengers.