Pakistan International Airlines Boeing 777-200ER (AP-BGJ) performing flight PK-710 from Manchester to Lahore suffered bird strike during landing at Lahore Airport. The incident happened at around 6.54 as the plane landed safely in Lahore around that time. Upon landing PIA engineers grounded the aircraft as one of its engines is being examined for bird ingestion.
- Malaysian authorities stop PIA plane at Kuala Lumpur airport because of the leasing payment dispute
- International travellers will need to present a negative Covid-19 test to enter the UK from 15 January
- Saudi airports will be open for all international flights from 31st March 2021
- High Court of Justice in the British Virgin Islands sets new date for Pakistan and PIA case
- PIA flight schedule massively disrupted due to protests in Karachi
A team of PIA engineers with necessary parts and equipment arrived at Lahore airport from Karachi where PIA has its engineering base. The aircraft was repaired and sent on its next flight with a delay of 5 hours. This aircraft grounding had a knock on effect on PIA flight PK757 from Lahore to London PK-757 which was scheduled to depart from Lahore at 11:35 AM. The flight eventually 16.42.
This happened at a time when PIA is busy in its pre-hajj operation and it is very difficult for the airline to spare a jet. On the other hand, one of PIA’s Boeing 777 is stuck in Beijing due to technical issues and there are passengers severely affected by the whole incident. You can watch the passengers protesting about their ordeal in the video below.