Minister for Aviation Mr Ghulam Sarwar Khan has said that Airport Manager and Chief Operating Officer being the functional head of Airport while performing his duties has tested positive for COVID-19. Imran Khan the airport manager has been quarantined along with 10 other officials of CAA, ASF and health department working at Jinnah International Airport.
- PIA to restart UK flights using European charter aircraft
- British Airways will resume flights to Islamabad from 14 August
- PIA and Turkish connection, the beginning of a shrunk “PIA regional”
- Pakitan’s first Airbus A321 NEO is shaping up for Airblue
- Sindh High court stop PIA from sacking 2 pilots whose licenses were canceled by CAA
The minister told that APM and other officials are in isolation and Alhamdulillah recovering. The responsibilities of APM are being taken care of by Mr Zafar Aitmad. Currently, International flights operation are running at six airports. But a majority of flights are handled at Islamabad International Airport and Lahore’s Allama Iqbal International Airport.
PIA country manager in Dubai also contracted Corona and due to that, the ticketing office was closed at the consulate.